Faith comes by listening and listening by the Word of God. Romans 10:17 (KJV)
Hearing from God requires listening from His point of view.
The Holy Spirit teaches us: How God sees us
How God thinks about us
How God cares for us
LISTENING FROM GOD’S POINT OF VIEW
(Read scriptures in the PBT unless otherwise noted)
- Listen to God as someone made in His image: Genesis 1:27-28 (ESV)
In Christ we have the capacity to see ourselves differently. The redeemed version of ourselves is not hinged to our past. We are new creations.
- Listen to God as a dearly loved child of God: Ephesians 5:1-2
Listen as dearly loved children, and as His favorite. He desires to also listen to you!
- Listen to the God who perceives your every move, thought, and word. Psalm 139:1-5
God goes before us. He is always present. He knows our heart and listens as it changes.
- Listen to the God who made you mysteriously complex. Psalm 139:14
Our complexity makes us uniquely valuable. He fabricated us into the multidimensional version of Himself as it pleased Him.
- Understand that God created you to be you, before you became you! Psalm 139:16
No one is an accident. God planned you artistically, physically, emotionally as well as mentally. He placed you in the time frame of His choice. You are a timely masterpiece.
- Listen from a perspective that fulfillment comes from God’s fullness! John 1:16-18
The Holy Spirit unfolds explanations of who God is in terms we can understand. Listening is our part. The rest is His. He unfolds His grace and truth through His Word.
- Listen from the perspective that your cup is supposed to overflow! Psalm 23:5
Our heart is preset to overflow with His presence. The overflow is not restricted to a once in a lifetime moment. His presence just is! Life is meant to be full.
But you are God’s chosen treasure – priests who are kings, a spiritual “nation” set apart as God’s devoted ones. He called you out of darkness to experience his marvelous light, and now he claims you as his very own. He did this so that you would broadcast his glorious wonders throughout the world. For at one time you were not God’s people, but now you are. At one time you knew nothing of God’s mercy, because you hadn’t received it yet, but now you are drenched with it. I Peter 2:9-10