BREAKING RANK THROUGH SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY
The Apostle Paul gives us some spiritual handrails to keep what’s traveling through our mind on target with the Mind of Christ. The following list is from Philippians 4:8-9 with a few of my adlibs in italics from me:
THINK ON THESE THINGS:
- Things that are true, not twisted or lies
- Things that are noble, relevant to His holiness
- Things that are right, in alignment with His purposes
- Things that are pure, undefiled, uncontaminated by carnal input or perspective
- Things that are lovely, congruent with His wisdom and direction
- Things that are admirable, impartial in opinion or purposed to be admired
- Things that are excellent, beyond the norm or average and above the common
- Things that are praise-worthy, that produces outbursts of spontaneous gratitude
Breaking Rank with thoughts that have a demonic base requires weapons with divine power.
II Corinthians 10 gives insight on taking captive thoughts that are out of line with the Mind of Christ. Paul pulls the curtain back on how he wages spiritual warfare in verses 3-5:
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world.
On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
What did Paul consider strongholds? Keep reading:
We demolish arguments & every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Thinking like Jesus, includes thinking and acting in the ways He did. He always knew what people were thinking and spoke directly to arguments contrary to the knowledge of God.
Paul confronted Timothy over the stronghold of fear. Timothy was held accountable to pull down the stronghold of main by the Spirit of Love, Power and a Sound Mind. As believers, we have power over fear, depression, confusion and other popular things labeled conditions!
Reread the Gospels and zero in on the fact that how we act is in tandem to how we think. Don’t give strongholds a voice in your head. Keep nonproductive thoughts in check.
BE STRONG IN THE LORD AND IN THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT.